Need a pick-me-up? If you're having a stressful morning on your way to work, or had a negative interaction with someone that's left you in a bad mood, try a few of the following tools listed below to help lift your spirits.
Bad days happen. No matter how positive you may feel, sometimes the universe will throw things your way as life lessons to continue challenging you to become the best version of yourself possible. And if your morning gets off on an overwhelming or stressful start, it might set the tone for the rest of the day.
Always remember, you have a choice. A choice with what mood you want to be in, what type of energy you want to put out into the world, and what you want to focus on. When we let our emotions get the best of us, we lose site of mindfulness and our well-being. Learning to switch your focus on to things that motivate, inspire, or lift your spirits will help diffuse lingering tension or frustrations.
Here are 10 Powerful Tools To Help Lift Your Spirits:
1. Listen to music that brings good vibes - Create your go-to playlist that you can jam out to on your way to work, during a lunch break, or when getting ready in the morning.
2. Write a gratitude list - Even if you're having a bad day, spend a few minutes thinking about things you are grateful for. No matter how small or insignificant they may seem, write them down. Expressing gratitude brings an inner state of peace and helps reframe your mindset.
3. Talk to a friend - Make space in your life for people who are genuinely optimistic and positive, and let their magic rub off on you.
4. Take a coffee (or tea) break - Coffee and tea makes everything better. Taking time to focus on crafting your perfect cup of coffee/tea and enjoying every sip will help keep you present.
5. Practice deep breathing exercises - As mentioned in my post, 5 Ways To Stay Present, breathing is so much more powerful than we realize. Taking a few minutes to stop everything you're doing and just breathe can help calm your mind and keep you grounded.
6. Read a positive affirmations list - A few wise words can lift your spirits instantly. Pinning a few positive affirmations on a Pinterest Board, like Be At Peace and Quotes To Live By, can help remind you how magical life really is.